Business Owners – How can we help you?
With one in four people in the UK impacted by an allergy at some point in their lives, and with this number on the increase each year (according to the NHS), can you really afford not to get involved?
By claiming your business page today, you can promote yourself to all our Users as well as accessing several other benefits:
- Access to a tailored dashboard focused with business users in mind.
- Advanced customisation of your page which allows you to include information such as opening hours, facilities you provide, menus including allergy friendly versions, etc
- Ability to message users and respond any reviews left about your food establishment.
- Ability to provide users with promotional offers and events.
- The option to upgrade to a featured listings.
- Plus lots more…
UK Allergy Statistics & Facts
Whilst the number of deaths from food induced reactions is low, the number of near miss death experiences are much higher.
One such sad death is that of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, which resulted from an allergic reaction to a Pret A Manger baguette. Pret has unsurprising received a significant amount of negative publicity following this event, which for any business is the last thing you want.
In addition, the incident has also led to the UK government introducing new food standard regulations which is set to come into effect in the Summer of 2021.
Some alarming facts:
- The UK has one of the highest prevalence’s rates of allergic conditions in the world.
- Half of children and under-18s have one or more allergies.
- Hospital admissions for food allergies among children have risen by 500 per cent in the last 20 years.
This is why if you as a food establishment, it’s critical that if you are not already doing so, you must take action to become more aware and food friendly to those with food conditions and predispositions.
10% rise in serious allergy hospital admissions
The number of people admitted to hospital after suffering a serious food allergy is rising by more than 10 per cent, every year – Daily Mail.
Food allergies hospital admissions increased by 76%
Hospital admissions for children with food allergies have increased by 76 per cent in the past five years, the Sunday Times has reported.
20% of allergy sufferers struggle daily
Up to 20% of patients with allergies struggle daily with the fear of a possible asthma attack, anaphylactic shock, or even death from a reaction. – EAACI.